At DataPro Limited, we are dedicated to protecting the personal data of our clients, employees, and other stakeholders.
The Policy highlights our data privacy directives and accentuates our responsibility to collect, store, and use data fairly and transparently, in order to protect the rights of Data Subjects.
3. What Personal Data Do We Collect
Generally, we may process the following Personal Data:
a. Demographic data: Name, address, age, date of birth, Phone number, email address
b. Employment Requirement: Academic records, bank account details.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
- our social media channels: We may collect Personal Data through your engagement with us on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter). This includes your comments on our posts and your enquiries. However, we will only ask for information required to help us be of service to you.
- Information related to your use of our services: We may collect additional information from or about you when you contact us with an enquiry about our products and services.
- Third Parties: We may also receive your information from third parties such as your service providers.
- When you apply for a job with us, we will request Personal Data about your education and employment history. As part of your application, you will be asked to provide your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable laws as an employer.
We may also carry out screening checks (reference, background and criminal record checks).
4. Why do We Process Data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To augment the provision of the services we render to you.
- To market our products/services.
- In fulfillment of our statutory and regulatory obligations
- To assess, improve and develop our services.
- To assess proposed data subject’s employability and other employee benefits-related purposes.
5. What Are Our Data Collection Methods?
Typically, we collect personal data directly from Data Subjects. We may also receive personal data from third parties such as our corporate clients. We collect personal information through the following means:
- Pre and post-course evaluation forms
- Enquiry forms
- Digital touch points
- Telephone conversations
- Electronics means (emails)
Third party’s data collection source:
- From our corporate clients for the purpose of conducting our business
7. Data Retention Period
We retain Personal Data for a period of five (5) years after your relationship with us has ended in order to fulfill the relevant purposes set out in this policy.
8. Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with third parties (our clients) for our business purposes. We will share also your Personal Data with your consent or instruction.
9. Your Rights As A Data Subject
a. Access Request
You have the right to ask us whether we hold any Personal Data relating to you and, if we do, to be provided with a copy of that Personal Data in electronic form, unless you want to receive it in another way (for example, a paper copy).
b. Rectification Request
You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Data (including by means of providing a supplementary statement) if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data updated without undue delay. If we cannot correct the Personal Data, we include a note on our files regarding your request to correct your Personal Data.
c. Erasure Request
You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data if:
- Your Personal Data are no longer necessary for the purpose(s) they were collected for
- Your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed
- Your Personal Data must be erased to comply with a regulation
- You withdraw your consent for the processing of the Personal Data (and if this is the only basis on which we are processing your Personal Data)
- You object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests, provided there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continued processing, or
- You object to processing for direct marketing purposes.
d. Requests to Object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data if we process it based on our legitimate interests. This includes any so-called “profiling”. Our privacy notice informs you when we rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data.
e. Requests to Restrict
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data if:
- You contest the accuracy of your Personal Data and we are in the process of verifying the Personal Data we hold
- The processing is unlawful and you do not want us to erase your Personal Data
- We no longer need your Personal Data for the original purpose(s) of processing but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and you do not want us to delete the Personal Data as a result, or
- You have objected to processing carried out because of our legitimate interests while we verify if our legitimate grounds override yours.
f. Requests for Portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer any personal information that you have provided to us to another third party. Once transferred, the other party will be responsible for safeguarding such personal information.
Even if you request the portability of your Personal Data, you retain your right to also request their erasure.
g. Requests to Object to Automated Decisions
Generally, you have the right to object to any decision producing a legal effect concerning you or which otherwise significantly affects you if this is based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Data. This includes automated decisions based on profiling.
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical and physical measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include physical access controls to our premises, cloud backup of data, CCTV cameras for public safety, quality control as well as information access authorisation controls.
9. Remedies For Violation And Time frame For Remedy
In the event of violation of this policy, our Data Protection Officer shall within 7 days redress the violation. Where the violation pertains to the disclosure of your Personal Data without your consent, such information shall be retracted immediately, and confirmation of the retraction sent to the you within 48 hours of the redress.
10. Contact Us
Ground Floor, Foresight House
163/165 Broad Street
By Marina Waterfront
Lagos Island, Lagos.